No Doubt 21st century is century of science .But the technology which makes our life comfortable also results in destruction of mother earth. The whole world is facing the mighty problem of pollution and according to some researches done by different govts and universities Plastic alone is responsible for 70% of pollution problems (including water,air & land pollution) all over the world .Just take a look around you. Plastic bags can be seen hanging from the branches of trees, flying in the air on windy days, settled amongst bushes and floating on rivers . As a part of mankind its our duty to eradicate pollution and save the world from this evil. Plastic products are responsible majorly for
- When Plastic is burnt they cause air pollution
- They clog up gutters and drains causing water and sewage to overflow and become the breeding grounds of germs and bacteria that cause diseases
- Plastic bags are difficult and costly to recycle and most end up on landfill sites where they take around 300 years to photo degrade. They break down into tiny toxic particles that contaminate the soil and waterways and enter the food chain when animals accidentally ingest them.
Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar said that at least 30 kilograms of plastic could be found in the stomach of every dead cow or buffalo in the country. He added that about 15,000 tonnes of plastic waste is generated on a daily basis in India
Here is a very informative video about plastic effects = News Report On Plastic Commodities
Here are some facts about pollution caused by plastic commodities –
- Over the last ten years we have produced more plastic than during the whole of the last century.
- 50 percent of the plastic we use, we use just once and throw it away.
- Every year, around 500 billion (500,000,000,000) plastic bags are used worldwide
- Enough plastic is thrown away each year to circle the earth four times.
- We currently recover only five percent of the plastics we produce.
- Plastic constitutes approximately 90 percent of all trash floating on the ocean’s surface, with 46,000 pieces of plastic per square mile.
- One million sea birds and 100,000 marine mammals are killed annually from plastic in our oceans.
- 44 percent of all seabird species, 22 percent of cetaceans, all sea turtle species, and a growing list of fish species have been documented with plastic in or around their bodies.
- In samples collected in Lake Erie, 85 percent of the plastic particles were smaller than two-tenths of an inch, and much of that was microscopic. Researchers found 1,500 and 1.7 million of these particles per square mile.
- Virtually every piece of plastic that was ever made still exists in some shape or form (with the exception of the small amount that has been incinerated).
So considering above it is must for us to do something to stay alive and to fight with monster plastic .And if you are reading this article than I am sure You are very much concerned about nature and here is the solution
New Delhi The Capital of India has potential to become the first plastic free city of India . Analysing the whole situation and doing research work I come to a conclusion that Citizens of Delhi are more responsible for Plastic Pollution in the city not the Govt. authorities . The truth is that we people demand for poly bags and plastic glasses even if The shop keeper denies . Legally Plastic bags are completely banned in delhi and there are many strict provisions all over the Country whose details are mentioned in Legal aspect section .I 100% agree that polybags and plastic glasses are very convenient . But the fact is on which cost we are getting this flattering facilities The dangerous role of poly bags in destruction nature is already mentioned above .
Our Hearts and Souls know that if we continue using plastic bags/glasses than the day is not far when the earth will become a barren hell . Our future generation will cry and die because of our evil steps . We have to start now Here is a list of works which we can do to save mother earth
Below three Golden efforts can completely eradicate plastic from the city =
- Take a pledge to never use plastic/bags even at war level conditions and boycott all types of poly bags ,plastic glasses / bottles and other plastic containers
- I have collected ,summarized and analysed many statutes/laws which are enforced by govt in the NCT Delhi . According to them if any shop keeper/retailer/street vendor found selling plastic bags than he/she will be fined upto 1 lac rupee or even imprisonment/jail . You are requested to inform shopkeepers about it and if the refuse to accept it than tell us or lodge complaint against them .
The whole description of laws there copies and procedure of complaint etc are available on above link or = Legal aspect & Documents
- We may take support from NGOs , Organisation , Schools and most importantly Trade unions/market associations . They will definitely help us in creating awareness among citizens and market associations will help us in enforcing the laws and guidelines made by govt .All Market associations and RWAs will surely proceed for anti plastic campaign if we request them
The interested active citizens ,patriots and country lovers are requested to view link = Take Action List of organisations and volunteers who pledge to stop using plastic will be uploaded here = Volunteers & Organisations there achievements and efforts will also be published online time to time and report/information about them will be sent to big media houses i.e. newspapers & TV channels and govt authorities like PMO Swatch Bharat Abhiyaan to appreciate there sincere efforts .
JAI HIND JAI BHARAT
The article is written by Shubham Khatri and subject to ©copy right matter
Note – We do not take any type of donations / financial aids . Our request is just to donate your efforts / service for a better & safe future